Monday, July 9, 2007

#23 Summarize - Here it goes:


1. what were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?

  • I would have to say my favorite discoveries were downloading books (I know I should have done this before); what other libraries are doing with technology; RSS Feeds; MySpace; YouTube and the LibraryThing.

2. How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?

  • This program has certainly introduced me to some really cool things and will help me understand what everyone around is talking about when it comes to Web 2.0. I like being in the know and this will help me progress towards always knowing stuff!

3. Were there any take-aways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?

  • Yes, I found out about widgets (I do have that weather thing now) and how to add them to a blog and I really liked that. I also discovered that although I don't enjoy journal writing, once I get going I can put a few words to screen.
  • Also, I learned about on-line document publishing, and although it sounds great, in reality, I thought it cumbersome and not nearly as efficient as using Word, Excel, etc.

4. What could we do differently to improve upon this program's format or concept?

  • Maybe the order of the "Things" could be changed a bit, so that everyone creates a blog first thing and understands that you don't have to print that tracking log!

5. If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you again chose to participate?

  • Yes.

6. How would you describe your learning experience in a few words or a few sentences, so we can share our successes and promote this program?

  • I had fun. I do have to say that it took longer than I thought and that could be that I started getting a bit off track. When you find one cool thing, that just leads you to another cool thing..... Well, it's time for that next cool thing!

No comments: