Friday, July 6, 2007

While looking for podcasts....

....I found this library website.

http://www.wpl.lib.oh.us/

I think it's in Westerville, OH.

I'm not sure if I like the website but thought it was interesting that the Director has a blog, as do adult and teen services and the Summer Reading program. There are podcasts and lots of other things. So many of the things we are becoming acquainted with here in 23 things are being used at Westerville. Good for them. I think it would be neat to have podcasts on a library website, so people could play them at home, when they want to put on a story for their little one, or maybe hear a book review. We could also put on our hours and locations...kind of like on the phone message. I also feel that you need to let folks know how long a podcast is - just a courtesy, especially if you're telling a story.

It was good to have a websites that point to podcasts, because if I really want to listen to a podcast, well by golly, I Want to Listen to a Podcast, not have to dig through all the other google stuff.

No comments: